Property Manager Selection
I am a licensed Realtor living in Georgia, working and serving the Columbus, GA, Ft Benning, Phenix City AL, Harris County GA and Ft. Mitchell AL areas. I’m also a certified military relocation specialist and can help military personnel being relocated to Fort Benning, Georgia real estate with trying to find housing.
The topic of this blog is concerning selecting a property management company:
If you have multiple properties, or live out of town from one of your properties, you may want to hire a property manager.
The following are the highlights of what a professional property management company should be able to provide.
- Experience counts, chose a property manager with experience managing a large portfolio with references.
- Determine if you the property owner in Columbus GA greater area or the property manager will make final approval of a potential tenant. My experience is that owners and tenants should not have interaction, as that is why they hired you in the first place.
- Online application capabilities. This is important for screening applicants and checking references. This also, is important that applications are time stamped, if multiple applications are made on the same property.
- Educated yourself in this business by visiting our real estate tutorial page.
- Online payment capabilities, to expedite funds from tenants to rental company operating account. This enables a quicker payment to property owners, who oftentimes may have a mortgage.
- Online mass distribution for best marketing to all search engines.
- Chose a property manager in Ft. Mitchell AL or Columbus GA who has good data base of all needed repair contractor trades.
- Typical management fees are 10%, but often have additional potential fees. Read your property management agreement carefully.
Call Paul Tommey to help you buy, sell, design build homes in Phenix City AL, or Columbus GA . You can hire me to be your property manager for a single property or your entire portfolio.
Or contact me @ 762-822-6411-cell or our RE/MAX-Executive Group office @ 706-507-1899 Or stop by our new office in North Columbus @ 3725 Weems Road, Columbus, GA.31909 Paul Tommey-RE/MAX-EXECUTIVE GROUP
*DISCLAIMER: THE COMMENTS OF THIS ARTILE ARE MY OWN VIEWS. THEY ARE NOT INTENDED TO COVER ALL SITUATIONS. CERTAINLY CONTACT “THE FULL SERVICE REALTOR” TO ASSIST YOU WHEN BUYING OR SELLING YOUR NEXT HOME,OR INVESTMENT PROPERTY.IN SPECIAL SITUATIONS,IT MAY BE IN YOUR BEST INTEREST TO CONTACT A REAL ESTATE ATTORNEY.