Home Mortgage Checklist
Recommended Home Mortgage Lender Checklist Columbus GA. I am a licensed Realtor and military relocation specialist in Georgia and Alabama currently living in Columbus, GA and I can help you design, build, buy or sell new custom built homes in Phenix City, AL, Ft. Mitchell, AL, Harris County, AL and Columbus, GA
The topic of this blog is concerning items needed for your mortgage local application. When lenders get all this data at beginning of this process, they can expeditiously process you loan application.
Please read carefully to fully understand. Effective immediately the days of filling out the HUD-1 settlement form and getting a Good Faith Estimate (GFE) from the lender are winding down.
On August 1, those two forms will be gone forever. Additionally, “The Truth in Lending Act (TILA) disclosure form is going away, as well. Instead are two new forms: they are called, “Closing Disclosure and the Loan Estimate”. As a means of consumer awareness / education, you can familiarize yourself with these new forms on the website of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB). This new entity has taken over administration of the Columbus GA Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA) from HUD. I recommend that you visit this website CFPB.gov and type in the name of the forms in the search box to review and fully understand the new impact of new procedures.
These documents are generally required by most mortgage lenders in Columbus GA, Phenix City Al and Fort Mitchell AL:
- W-2 an/or several pay periods / pay stubs for each individual making loan application
- All credit card information balances and credit limits. Please note most mortgage lenders see a “red-flag” if you are over 1/3 of your allowable credit limit.
- You will need 2-4 months of (banking-checking, savings and credit union accounts).
- Supporting documents for any student loans or other installment loans, (i.e. cars, furniture, boats, and motorcycles).
- Past address for last 5-7 years
- Copies of other assets,(brokerage accounts-stocks,401K,Roth-IRA,other home real estate property.
- Copies of any other additional income, (child support, alimony, rental property, trust, or pension).
- Last 2 most recent years of income tax returns
In closing, purchasing your home in Harris County GA, Phenix City AL or in Columbus GA metro area will be a great deal less stressful by being prepared from the beginning of this process. Call Paul Tommey to help you buy, sell, design/build, or hire me to be your property manager for a single property or your entire portfolio. Or contact me @ 762-822-6411-cell or our RE/MAX-Executive Group office @ 706-507-1899 Or stop by our new office in North Columbus @ 3725 Weems Road, Columbus, GA.31909.